
This last Monday I had a lot on my mind, so I thought I would share. Malia will be going to Kindergarten in the fall and Monday was the day to get her registered. I had a lot of emotions going through me as I drove up to the school and Malia and I walked in and filled out all the paperwork. She seemed so excited and I was just thinking about how in just a few short months, this will be where she is spending her time. I know I shouldn't worry so much, but It terrifies me to send her out in a world when I can't be there to protect her from things that may hurt, or scare her. Have I taught her enough about avoiding dangerous situations? Will she stand up for herself and what she believes? Will she have friends? Will she be picked on? Does she know how much she is loved and cherished? Does she know that she is A Child of God? So many things to worry about!! I guess this is where I turn my fears over to My Heavenly Father and have the faith that while she is not with me, she is still watched over and protected. She is such a beautiful, smart, funny, friendly, girl. I know she will love school and do very well. It seems like just yesterday that I was 18 and just out of high school. I guess I blinked, because I now have 2 beautiful girls calling me mom and I am cruising "to town" in a minivan!! I am soo blessed!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Where did my baby go??
Posted by Ginocchio Family at 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I hear you on all of that!! It is so hard to let go, but they love the freedom.. which is kinda scarey as well. She will do great and love it! You will get use to it as well..good luck!:)
Cute background! The same fears haunt me as well. Just when you think life is getting easier, you have to re-live all those childhood fears as you send your baby skipping down the side walk to the school bus!
Isn't so crazy how fast time flys? I hate that we have to worry about all of our childs emotions in situations like these. It is a scary thing, but she is so outgoing and fun she wont have a problem!
Its amazing how time flies when all of a sudden your baby is going to kindergarten! You will only have half days not all the day with them! I have been cherishing every moment lately. You still have a little one left at home to love you . This is my last one departing from home. But I am excited for what life will bring me in the future!
Post a Comment