Monday, June 16, 2008

Open House

(This was actually like 6 weeks ago, but I couldn't get the video to work)!


Last Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office had an open house. It is so that people in the community can come and check out all aspects of working as an officer. They have cars open that the kids can sit in, the K-9's were there doing some demo's, and Rod was there with the tank. That had tons more stuff out, but Malia and most of the kids were interested in the tank. I know we already posted about this said tank, but I have video now of Rod driving it, so fun!! Malia had ballet in Carson, so we just drove down after and spent the evening there. It really was fun getting to hang out with Rod while he was "working". They were also giving a tour through the jail, that was interesting! I had been through before when they let a bunch of the deputies wives go through, but Malia really wanted to check it out. We went in and she looked around, asked a few questions and wanted to leave. She was bored stiff and kept sitting down and asking" Can we be done?" She just wanted to get back out to the tank and her daddy! When all was said and done and most of the people in the community had left, Rod took some of the deputies kids for a ride in the tank, hence the sweet video! Did I mention that they fed us too, It doesn't get much better than that my friends!! All in all, a fun night with the fam!!


5 comments:

Us said...

wow its so fun to see what rod does. that tank is so cool.

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I'm jealous! Forget the kids! I want a ride in the tank!

Tami Crafty Corner said...

Wow I'm in the Army and I have never gotten a ride in a tank. I'm jealous =P

Loni said...

Thats awesome Rod! I love that your kids are so involved and know what to do in every stituation, you guys keep them so aware... its great motivation for me!

*/ Jillian said...

fun day! Thats cool the girls got to see all of that!