Malia is always saying that she wants to have time with just her and I, and since Rod takes her out on daddy daughter dates, I thought it would be fun to have a mommy daughter day. We talked about what we would do and it was agreed that we would go to lunch and then go shopping for some new clothes. (for her) We got to Reno and went straight to lunch, and then proceeded to shop, shop, shop!! We went to Gymboree first, and Malia fell in love with these gold (her fav color) sparkling flip flops! It was the only thing she wanted, and of coarse, she got them!
After buying the beloved flip flops, we went to a few other stores, and called it a day! Malia kept saying, " I'm all sweaty, is it time to go home yet?" I guess I pictured it much differently in my head. I thought it would be fun to let her pick out her own clothes and such, but it kind of ended up with me telling her that if she doesn't stay out from underneath the clothing racks, then we are just going to go home!! I guess she is not quite ready for a day of shopping yet! As we were leaving our last store, I asked her if she had a good time, and jokingly said, "is there anything that you would like to say to mommy?" (thinking that a thank you would be appropriate) She proceeded to get into character and what happened next made me laugh so hard that it was all the thanks I needed! She said, " well like I had a good time like shopping with you but, I like think I like going out with daddy better, but like I had so much fun and it was so romantic!" (thanks to the movie enchanted for the word romantic) All in all, we had a fun day and the next mommy daughter is already in the planning stages! She's thinking pedicures and manicures, I'm thinking, sounds good to me!!!
One of her favorite outfits!! She actually picked out the shirt herself!
The rest of the loot!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Mommy daughter day
Posted by Ginocchio Family at 9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Sheeze Tiff that was quite the day. The romantic comment, so dang funny! Tons of cute clothes! I think if I let Parker help me pick out what she liked we would be shopping all day and would break the bank for sure!
how fun tiff. malia is so funny, i love the outfit she picked out especially the golden flip flops.
Malia I love your new shoes. I think they are something I would pick out too!!! It sounds like you and mom had such a fun time. You have a great mom and dad!! Your new clothes are so cute. But then you are so cute!. Love you, Grandma Johnson
That sounds like a blast! I think I might steal that idea and take Abbie out before she has to be the big sister to three little ones! Malia is too cute!
Post a Comment