Saturday, July 12, 2008

The 4th of July ( on the 12th)


Well I know that I am a little late getting this posted, but, better late than never, right?? We had a pretty good holiday. Rod had to work that day and I really don't like to venture out to far into all the busyness and crowds of people alone with the girls, so we spent the morning at home, just relaxing. It was actually quite nice. We met up with Rod a little bit later that afternoon and drove up to Tahoe to watch fireworks. Rod has told that they have a really awesome show, and since this is the first 4th that he didn't have to work all night, we thought we would take it in. The Sheriff's office has a station and jail right near the water in Tahoe, so a lot of people that work for the county just park and hang out on top of the parking garage and BBQ and watch the fireworks. It turned out to be a great night. I was able to meet and talk to some of the wives of other deputies and I also met up with an old friend that I haven't seen in about a year. The fireworks were as great as I had heard, and the girls loved them as well. We ended up getting home about midnight, but it was such a great night that I think we will definitely try to get up there again next year!

4 comments:

Nants (Mom, Grandma) said...

I'm glad you were able to be together on the 4th this year. I hope it works out more often that way. Sound like it was worth going up for. Cute pictures. Tiff where were you!! (I know, on the other side of the camera!)

Crazy Herb Girl said...

That pic of Rod and the girls needs to be framed! The look of happiness on Rod's face is the best! Glad the 4th was so fun. We were headed to the fireworks and they got rained out :( We even lost power that because of a transformer fire down the street. I guess those were our fireworks ;)

Us said...

sounds like you had fun. im glad you were able to be together as a family for the holiday.

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Ok so I looked a little closer and I see that Brinley is screaming and not laughing... So maybe not frameable, but I still really like it, LOL!