Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our St. George Trip!

We just got back from our St. George trip and we have lots to share! It is about a 10 hour drive (give or take an hour) and so Rod and try to take some fun breaks along the way so that the kids ( and us) don't get to cranky. We usually stop in Austin, Nevada at a cute park and let the kids play and then we stop again in Ely to feed the ducks. It has kind of become part of our trip and Malia always looks forward to seeing the ducks again.



The main purpose for our trip was to be at Anne's wedding (Rod's little sister). Malia was asked to be one of the flower girls and she couldn't have been happier about it. She did a great job despite being being a little nervous and received many compliments about how good of a job she did. My grandma Foote celebrated her 80th birthday while we were there, it was fun to see her and some of my cousins, it's been way to long! After the wedding, we went to Cedar Mountain to hang with all the Ginocchio's at Rod's parents cabin. It was fun to just be with everyone, but there was also Rock Band, and great food! You can't beat that combination! Grandpa Ginocchio also took Malia and Tean for some rides in his awesome snowblower! It was a great time! When we got back from the mountain we did some more fun stuff. Rod was able to buy a new bike and ride the loop with his brother Andy, I was able to go with my mom and sister's to lunch and then to get pedicure's ( thanks mom!!), I took the kids to a place called Jumping Jacks ( I think I had more fun than they did), and we did a lot of just hanging out in the backyard letting the kids swim and play! All in all, it was a great trip and I hope to go back again very soon!

8 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like a lot fun! Good idea to stop and let the kids play. 10 hours is way too long for anyone...let alone little kids!

Boo and Sara said...

It is always fun to go back to St. George. Glad you had a good time! Cute pictures!

Nants (Mom, Grandma) said...

Great pictures. What a good way to recap the trip. It was great to have you here and have some time to spend with all of you. Love you all. Take care. Mom

*/ Jillian said...

What a fun week we had with you guys! It was good to see ya. It doesn't happen enough! glad you made it home safe.

Loni said...

It was so fun to see you all. We are already looking forward to the next trip!!! I love all the pics with Brin putting her head on everyone shoulder she is so sweet. (one day her and Iz will be great friends:))

Us said...

it was so good to see you guys. i wish we could have seen you a little longer. you'll have to come up this way and visit one of the times. love you

Britny said...

Tiff:
Your family is so cute! I can't get over everyone and their families. Sorry I haven't kept in touch, I've been a little busy and lately all I do is take care of the baby and sleep whenever possible. So I'll try to be better at keeping up with everyone. Hope to hear from you soon.
Britny

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I thought I had posted a comment on your pics! I loved seeing them and you got them up so quick! They inspired me to finally get mine done. It was really nice to see all of you again. I regret the time is so short! Well see you at Owen's wedding though!