So Tuesday I caved, I couldn't hold out any longer, I decided to join the masses and get a gym membership. I had been wanting one for a while now, but it is just so hard for me to spend any money on myself, and besides, I have a treadmill at home. Why do I need to use one at the gym? I was super excited to go to my first class, I chose Body Conditioning. It is basically a class using free weights to "tone and define your body". It was so awesome!! I left the gym with that great feeling, you know, when all your muscles are shaking and you feel that you may collapse at any moment. As the day wore on, My legs started to stiffen up, but it wasn't so bad. I had planned on going to a spinning class the next morning, but when I got up, I was not not moving very well. I didn't want to embarrass myself in the class, so I skipped out. This morning I planned on going back to that same Body Conditioning class, but due to the fact that I can no longer move my arms, I decided against it. So is this what it has come down to? One great workout a week and the rest of the week recovering! I don't consider myself weak, but this last week has me reevaluating myself! Who knows, maybe my body will get the hang of things, maybe it won't. But, in the mean time, I will hang out with my new best friend, my heating pad. Ha!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh yes, I've seen this trend with Jenny as well - she will kill herself with a "great" workout, then complain for the next week about the pain and how much she "needs" to be massaged. My pleas to exercise with moderation fall upon deaf ears...(Kent)
Tiff, I had to laugh as this. I just spent the last two day with my legs so sore that I feel like I have a flu!! I fould a video-
30 minutes Below the Belt. I think I have a love hate relationship with exercise anymore. I had so much I wanted to do today but I was moving pretty slow. Having flabby legs is sounding pretty good right now!!!
dont even get me started on this one tiff. I commend you on even finding the time, i just keep making dumb excuses.
I love it! Its amazing how many muslces we realize we have when we workout! I am excited for you, its so important to take that time for yourself. The gym is my getaway!!
go tiff!
I hear ya, I swear my body feels like I am 50 because I havent been working out, and now that I am, Im paying for it! Good for you though.
Post a Comment