




I was at Target the other day and was just browsing around and saw these foam curlers. I remember sitting in the living room with mom on Saturday nights getting our hair braided and then rolled. It seems like it took forever!! I thought it would be fun to do Malia's hair for church, so we threw them in the basket. Malia was not as excited as I was, but she seemed game. After putting Brinley to bed we braided and rolled and braided and rolled. I was informed about halfway through that " maybe you should wait till I'm like six or something so that I can hold still better!" To late now, we finished and she went to bed. The next morning we (I) unrolled excitedly, it did not turn out as I had expected, but as the day wore on, the curls calmed down a bit. Malia thought it was awesome and she asked if we could go somewhere so that everyone could see her hair. We had a good time, maybe we'll try again when she is six or something!!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Who remember's these??
Posted by Ginocchio Family at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
so what is the braiding the hair before you roll it thing? I remember the rollers but not that. I cant believe how tight they went!!!!!
My mom used to braid and then roll because it made your hair look like you had a perm, and we loved that!! Our hair was a lot longer and thicker than Malia's so it weighed it down.
I love it!!! I laughed at the memories!! I can't believe she let you do that to her hair and then sleep on it!! I remember how painful that part was... too fun!!
Okay, I finally got a google account so I could post a comment on your site! I just think these pics are adorable. My mom used to do my hair that way, too, just not the braiding. I love being able to see what's going on with your family! Love, Jenny
Post a Comment