Friday, March 27, 2009

Top of the mornin' to ya!!

Well, it's now almost the end of the month, so I guess I better do our St. Patrick's Day post. The day before St. Patrick's Day, I told Malia all about St. Patrick's Day and Leprechauns. She was very intrigued by the mysterious little leprechaun, so we decided that we would try to entice the little guy to come to our house for a visit by leaving out a bowl of lucky charms, a pile of pennies, and some gold. Malia and I had done our research on the internet and it said that leprechauns liked all of these things. Malia hid all three things in different places and then she went to bed. She was very adamant that the leprechaun stay out of her room, she still wasn't quite sure about this strange little fellow, so I left him a note, informing him that all bedrooms were off limits. He paid us a visit and made a big mess of the living room. He dumped out shoes, left paper all over the floor, and left a trail of confetti where ever he went. He found all of the stuff that we had left for him, and he left us some goodies in return. After checking everything out, Malia rushed off to use the restroom, only to find that the leprechaun had turned our toilet water green. That silly little leprechaun had also gotten into Malia's lunch box and left some cookies and a note. It was a great day!! Brinley and Malia both sported their green shirts, so we had no pinching that day!


4 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

This is such a cute post! I wish I had your energy to do all these fun things for holidays.

Josh was adamant about wearing green and was afraid the leprechauns would show up any minute to pinch him. I assured him he would be fine since he was wearing green :-)

*/ Jillian said...

too cute! your mom told me you did this so I was just waiting to see all of the cute pictures! What a fun day for the girls! Good job Tiff

Us said...

mess, what mess? my house looks like that on a regular basis. i've got to start doing all that cute stuff you do for the kids. im waiting for my calandar ;) see you in a couple weeks.

Jess said...

Ha that's great! I love the green toilet water!