
Rod has been working like a maniac lately, so when he informed us that he would be home on Monday and Tuesday, we knew that we better take advantage of the time spent together. Rod will help out when he can with taking Malia to school and picking her up. He has been talking for a while now about taking her bike to the school and riding home with her. Her school is just a little over two miles away, but I was hesitant because they would have to ride across a four lane highway. Rod really wanted to do it and assured me that everything would be fine, so on Monday, he rode to the school, picked her up, and they both rode home. Malia did such a great job riding that far and was excited to do it again on tues. I had some shopping to do on Monday, so I thought that since Rod was home, maybe I could just take Malia and make a mommy daughter date. Malia was on board until she found out that daddy was going to be making bread, so, I was left to shop all by myself while Rod and the girls stayed home and made bread! It was a wonderful day. I was actually able to browse, instead of running in, getting what I need, and then running out. NICE!! Tuesday was such a beautiful day, so I knew I wanted to get outside. After Rod and Malia made their long ride home, we ate some lunch (on yummy homemade bread) and then packed some snacks and went out walking on some trails around our area. I figured that we have lived here to long to not be out enjoying the beauty in the hills. We had so much fun! It was great to just let the girls walk at their own pace, and to be out in the sun, feeling the breeze on our faces. We were out walking around for a couple of hours, and then we got in the car and headed to carson, Rod had to buy a switch thing for his heated grips on his motorcycle. On the way into carson, we stopped at "the treat store." They have a hostess outlet store, and I take Malia and Brin there every so often and let them pick a treat, hence the beloved name. As Rod was pulling into the parking lot, Malia said, "Oh yea baby, we're goin to the treat store!" After loading up on deliciousness, we were off to the motorcycle shop, and then to a park for a bit. It was such a great day. Simplicity at it's best!!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
A great day!
Posted by Ginocchio Family at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
ahhh i LOVE those days. glad you were able to have a little time to browse. i love the picture of rod and the girls up top. so sweet. i love your april fools day post too. what fun parent malia and brin have!
Post a Comment