Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pinkalicious


One of Malia's favorite stories these days is "Pinkalicious". It is about a girl who helps her mom make pink cupcakes, she eats a lot of cupcakes while frosting them and also after dinner. The next morning when she wakes up, she discovers that she has turned pink. I told Malia a couple of days ago that we were going to have a pinkalicious day, and she was soooo excited. Today was the day. I put Brinley down for a nap and we started by making the cupcakes. Malia was a great helper, and even cracked all the eggs herself.We got the cupcakes all baked and totally cooled off, now for the frosting! Malia was the most excited for this part. She got the book out so she could try to make it look just like pinkalicious' s cupcakes. The frosting was a little messy and it wasn't as neat as I would have done ( I'm seriously obsessive/compulsive), but it was so great to see how proud she was of herself! It made all the mess worth it. We had a fun day, I kept telling her, " I sure hope that you don't wake up pink in the morning"!! She would just giggle and say, " I won't, I promise"!! She is getting to be such a fun girl to be around, not such a little kid anymore!!!Brinley thought the cupcakes were mighty tasty!!!!

8 comments:

Tami Crafty Corner said...

The cupcakes look great. Man the girls are growing up so fast.

Us said...

yummy, yummy, how fun for malia. your such a fun mom.

Us said...

p.s. malia's cupcake looks just like the one on the book. she did an awesome job.

Jess said...

How fun! You really are a such a fun mom!

Nants (Mom, Grandma) said...

Tiff that was a great idea. Malia you are doing such a great job. The cupcakes look so good. And you didn't even turn pink!!! It looks like Brinlely loved them too. Maybe next time you can cook dinner! Love you

Britny said...

What a great mom you are!! It drives me nuts to have my kids help me with baking and especially frosting. I am so OCD about that too. Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I should try it one day. I should find that book, Avery would love it. I will be in St. George for Thanksgiving if you're around let me know. It'd be fun to get together.

*kRiSti* said...

K that's going above and beyond in the mom departmant! You're making the rest of us look bad! No really, that was so cute and it's a memory that I'm sure the both of you will have forever!

Loni said...

You are too much, how I am suppose to compete with that? we are just going to have to copy everything you do!! I am so jealous that you can let her crack the eggs, I am going to have to loosen up a bit :)