Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween Madness!!








So, the computer has been down for the week, but we are up and running now!! Here's what we have been up to. I volunteered to do Malia's class Halloween party, so that went down on Oct. 30th. It turned out really well, and I think that all the kids (42 to be exact) had a great time. They did their little parade around the school thing and then we made a spider craft and played a few rounds of BOO BINGO, they ate some goodies and headed home.
Malia walking the halls at school during the parade

The next day my friend Casandra and I had a Halloween party for all the kindergarten kids in the ward. It was a lot of work, but I would say well worth it. We got the party started right by doing the limbo (with a witches broom), we then played pass the pumpkin (like hot potato), musical tombstones, and we had a skeleton bones relay.
Some of the yummy food that we served. The green ranch really rocked their worlds! It was like asking them to eat poison! Passing the pumpkin
Both of the teams holding up their skeleton after racing to collect his bones and then putting them together.

A group shot of the kids, I believe we were missing a couple here. All in all, a good time!!

Rod was actually with us this year for Halloween, but to my surprise, he wasn't to keen on walking the 'hood door to door with the girls and I. So I took Malia trick or treating with some friends and Rod stayed home with Brinley. It turned out to be a really fun night.
I wanted to get a picture of all Malia's candy, cause next time you see it, it will be on my butt, hips, and thighs!!!!

3 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I'm with ya on the candy thing. I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. I can't believe you have that many kindergartners in your ward. We have one, Caleb...poor guy.

Loni said...

So fun, I am glad you posted all those pics!!!! Sounds like you guys are partied out... take a break for a few weeks and gear up for more pigging out... lets see Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, and Easter... CANDY!!!! Yikes!

Us said...

your a partying girl. it looks like the kids had fun. im with you on the candy thing too. i figure im doing my kids a favor. im sacrificing my body for their health. its what a mother does.