
On Thursday, September 11, Malia turned five!! Malia had been counting down the days for quite a while. She is the last of her friends to turn 5, and she barely made the deadline for starting school this year, so it was a major celebration around here. After putting Malia to bed on Wed. night, I ran to the store (don't worry, rod was home) and got her a boquet of flowers, a bunch of helium balloons, and some texas toast to make her french toast for breakfast the next morning. Malia had requested french toast for breakfast, so I made a bunch while she was still sleeping, stacked some up, put a candle in it, and went to her room to wake her up with a rousing rendition of happy birthday!! She woke up with a big grin (totally made my day) and blew out her candle! We had breakfast and then let her open a few presents. My mom left some gifts with us when she was out a few weeks back and so she opened those too.
Malia is really into all the Barbie movies (this too shall pass) and so she got a couple of Barbie DVD's, some pony's, a Barbie, and a Hello Kitty CD player. I had a few things to run around and do that day, and so Malia and Brin joined me. Most of the day was pretty chill , but I tried to make it special for her. Rod's parents got into town that afternoon and we hung out until Rod got home from work, and then we let Malia choose where she wanted to have her birthday dinner. She chose Olive Garden, which is no surprise, and so we headed to Reno to eat. Olive Garden was packed, and so we headed to Claim Jumper ( much to Rod's delight). Malia ordered "pasta with white sauce" and had a great time eating it!!

I had talked to our server when we first got there about it being Malia's big day, and so at the end of the meal she was served a huge piece of ice cream pie and we all sang to her. She loved it!!
On Saturday, we had her friend party at a Museum in Carson City. It was a great time and Malia had a lot of fun with her friends. When we first got there all the kids just played in the museum before heading downstairs to the party room. The kids made a couple of crafts and then played a fabulous game of duck duck goose ( it's not a party without duck duck goose). Rod showed up with pizza, but I totally dropped the ball and forgot to bring ranch dressing. The kids ate lunch, had cake and ice cream and then opened presents. Malia got the Barbie Mariposa DVD and the actual Mariposa barbie, a little makeup kit, a Webkinz puppy, and a few other little things. She has some great friends and she had a great time.
I love this next picture, I had Malia and her friends all stand together for a picture. I was having a hard time getting them to all smile, so I said " who can smile the biggest"? I think we have a clear winner here!! Notice the huge veins popping out of her neck!! (backfire)
All in all, it was a fun day! These are just a few more pictures of the day. As you can see, Brinley had a great time too!!
Malia, you have got to be one of the funniest girls I know, you crack me up on a daily basis. I love you!!!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Malia's 5th Birthday!
Posted by Ginocchio Family at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Happy Birthday Malia! Looks like she had a great day!
Happy Birthday!!!! Wow!!! I regret to say I am not coming to the reunion. Hopefully we can get together some other time.
These are great pictures. It looks like everyone had fun. Malia, I wish I could have been to your party. I love the cute black outfit you had on. Thanks for sharing your bithday with me through the blog. You have such a great way of eating your pasta!! I'll have to try it.
Happy Birthday Malia! looks like tons of fun!
wow you guys know how to party! how are you going to top all that next year? Happy Birthday malia!
You are such a great mom, you turned her bday in an event!! Happy Bday Malia, we love you and hope to see you soon!!!
Post a Comment