
Well it had to come eventually, but it seems it came way to quickly! My sweet baby girl started Kindergarten today. Has it really been 5 years since my prayers were answered with the arrival of my beautiful daughter? Why does it sometimes seem that the days seem to drag on, yet before we know it, our children don't need us as much as we need them? Today at Malia's school, they just had a Kindergarten orientation for the parents and the kids basically took a walking tour around the school. Malia was pretty disappointed to find out that mom and dad were coming inside with her and not just dropping her off. I have to admit, I felt kind of bad that she didn't want us there, but I guess a part of me was proud. It made me feel like I had done what I was supposed to do to prepare her to be on her own (at least for 3 hours a day)! I know that tomorrow will be so much harder on me than today because I will actually have to leave after dropping her off, but I know I won't be the only mom who will be crying, right?? I know that she will have a great year and learn so much. I am so excited for this big step in both of our lives, I know that she is ready, but am I??
Monday, August 25, 2008
Malia's 1st day of school
Posted by Ginocchio Family at 11:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
WOW, I can't believe it either!! She looks so grown up! We are all in the same boat sending our babies off to school, I am so gad we all get to do it together! We are proud of her!
not gad, glad
What a cute outfit!! That alone will ensure she has a good year. :)
She looks so cute! Be proud that she doesn't need you to take her in...it means you guys are raising an independant child. that's what we all want right. who am I kidding...it still makes ya way sad!!
malia you looked so cute on your first day of school! I hope you are loving Kindergarten! Wow she looks all grown up.
wow!!!! Congratulations!!! My little boy will be going to his first day of kindergarten tomorrow. We did a mock day today to make sure we could wake up on time and do it. We passed. Just barely, but we did it. She is so cute!!! I can't believe how cute everyone's kids are. Have fun!!! Talk to you soon.
Britny
Malia, I am so glad that you get to go to school. It's go fun to learn and you are a great learner.
I'm glad I got to go with yu to see your school and meet your teacher. She seem really nice. Have a wonderful year and always know that grandma and grandpa love you!!!
OK, so you are NOT a wierd stalker!! Alesha and I do know about the reunion. She is due any minute with her twins, so she won't be attending. The jury is still out for me. I would love to go, but I want to see the babies as well. So, if she has had them by the time the reunion comes around, I will be there! If not, well then, I won't! Are you going? Long drive for you , I know!
Post a Comment