Monday, March 8, 2010

Spooner Lake (Memorial Day 2009)










Rod was working and I hated to stay at home on such a beautiful day. I wanted to get out and about and so I decided to take the girls up to Spooner Lake and hike around a bit. I took our double jogging stroller, just in case they got tired. It started out really nice and we were just following the path around the lake. Both of the girls were doing well, but at times I was pushing both in the stroller. About halfway around the lake, there is a turn off to go up to a different hike/parking lot. I totally didn't see the sign, and about 20 minutes later, as I am pushing both girls up a steep rocky hill, knew something wasn't right! I had them both get out because I was so out of breath from pushing them. I needed to look around and figure out where we were and how to get back to our trail. Malia insisted that I just call the police and wait for them to come and find us. After a few minutes, I realized the error, and we started making our way back to the right trail. It was a great day, but also downright exhausting!!
Malia and Brinley are as they say "best sisters!"

We had to stop at every sign along the way so that Malia could read it to us! We obviously missed a major sign along the way! ha ha

0 comments: