Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where did my baby go?

Brinley, my baby, turned 2 on the 13th. It is so hard to believe that it has already been two years since she joined our family. She is such a joy to be around. She is so loving, independent, stubborn, and smart. I am amazed everyday by what she says and does. The other day, I was trying to get a kiss from her. Normally, this is no problem, but this time she was being really stubborn with her loves. I just kept teasing her and she looked at me with a glare and said "seriously mom"! What???? Aren't you supposed to be 2?? Brinley has taught me so much about myself, and that it is ok to not have everything perfect all the time. She is truly a huge blessing in our lives and we are so greatful that she is ours!! Rod had to be at work all day ( 9am to 12am) on Brin's birthday so we just had her open her presents from us the night before. She loved having all the attention on her when we sang Happy Birthday, and she loved opening her presents even more. Here are a few pics of this little stinker!
Brinley right after she was born. She weighed in at 7lbs. 8oz.
We had to spend a week in the pediatric department because Brinley had jaundice so bad. Here she is "tanning" under the lights.
Brinley at two months old. She was such a happy baby!
4 months old and loving her rice cereal

A couple of pictures from when she was 6 months old.
Brinley's 1st birthday, we were at my mom's and she wanted to give her chocolate cake. How bad could it be, right??
Holy Crap!!! This kid knows how to party! I was watching her smear cake everywhere and just thinking, how am I going to clean this all up? Amazingly enough, everything cleaned up nicely and I learned that I don't need to be such a neat freak! Just one of the many lessons that she had taught me.
Brinley taking her first steps, she walked at around 14 months.
Brinley, age 2. This is when we were singing to her. She just couldn't get enough.Rod and I got her this V-Smile thing. It hooks up to the T.V and has some cool educational games for her. Malia's gift to Brinley was this beautiful pink dress. Brinley thinks it's beau ful!!!
We spent Brinley's birthday at the park with some friends, the girls were sitting on this bench having a snack, I couldn't resist! They are starting to get along much better now, and never go to bed without telling each other, "I Love You"!! It just melts me!!
And last, but not least, Brinley recieved her first haircut tonight. Let me describe the before hairstyle.... Mullet! Yep, my baby had a mullet. I knew it was there, but I kindof didn't care because I knew when I cut it, my baby would become a little girl. I was right!!!!

6 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

We all talked about our cousin Brinley on her birthday and that she was turning 2. I made a calendar with all the birthdays from the family. I still don't end up doing anything for them, but at least we remember now!

I can't believe she's so big. I love her little haircut. What a sweet girl! Isn't is amazing the things our kids teach us? I'm glad you let her be messy :-)

It would just be nice sometimes if they were a just a wee bit less messy =D Will my house ever be clean again?

Unknown said...

that haircut makes her look so big! its really cute. what a fun girl. i love the pic of her and malia on the bench.

*kRiSti* said...

Happy Birthday! Time really does fly. Before you know it she'll be turning 9 like my Rylee and you'll look back on the days she was 2 and you thought they were so hard, and you'll wish those days were back!

Loni said...

I can't believe it! her hair looks SOO cute, but she does look so big! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIN!! love you!

*/ Jillian said...

happy late birthday Brin! You are such a cute little girl. Her hair looks darling tiff!

Nants (Mom, Grandma) said...

Tiff, I love all the pictures, it's great to go down memory lane. I so remember the "tanning bed"! She's grown up so much, it's fun to hear her talking. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRINLEY- Once again from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson